Best glucometer machine or Best Glucometer for home use, there are many words to reach the right one – There could be more helpful ways to say it, but it is a fact that the largest of us do not have a healthy lifestyle. And while we say that, it is also evenly valid that the fault not significantly lies with us. There is too much pressure or tension, too much idle work to do. A lot of pressure, also when we return home, we are too tired.
If you have diabetes, constantly testing your blood glucose levels is an vital part of everyday life. Since making sure your levels are in a healthy limit is a critical part of your overall wellbeing, choosing a blood glucose meter that is trustworthy and reliable is an absolute must.
What is a normal glucometer reading?
The fasting or preprandial blood glucose levels for diabetics should be within 80 – 130 mg/dl plus postprandial (1-2 hours after meals) should be fewer than 180 mg/dl – according to the American Diabetes Association. However, the range specified in your glucose monitor may be a little different. So you need to talk to your doctor to calibrate the results with your lab reports.
With improvements in technology, there are now various options when it comes to testing your blood glucose levels:
- Monitors that use on-body sensors, like a (CGM) continuous glucose monitor, it is measure glucose levels during the day. These include real-time CGM and intermittently scanned (isCGM) also it is known as flash glucose monitoring.
- Monitors which use to a test strip by a drop of blood applied to measure blood glucose levels, it is also known as a blood glucose meter (BGM).
Ways to choose the best glucometer for your needs?
Don’t look ever at the retail price of the meters alone. What makes blood glucose monitoring high rate expensive is the test strips, which you might use several times a day.
Current FDA measures require 95% of all glucometer results to be within +/- 15% of ‘comparator’ (lab tested) results, plus 99% of results to fall within +/- 20% of lab results. But, just because a meter is FDA approved doesn’t mean it’s always going to be perfect, so verify if the meter can self-calibrate.
Blood glucose meters require to be calibrated to each group of test strips. Some expect you to enter a code or download an app so that you can scan the codes by a smartphone. Entering this data incorrectly can result in inaccurate results. Other designs use a removable code chip to calibrate the meter to every batch of strips.
The dispute of a few seconds might not seem like much, however, when you’re using a meter three to five points a day, longer test time can be a problem. Our panelists found that 5 seconds or less was beneficial.
Today’s blood glucose meters need smaller blood samples than these from years past. That does testing less painful. If you’re sensitive to lancing, look for a meter that needs less than 1 microliter of blood.
What are the benefits of the Glucometer?
It is well known that testing blood glucose levels among a glucometer at home is one of the greatest ways to manage diabetes. In enhancement to this, there are numerous advantages of using a blood glucose monitor such as:
- It helps you to test your blood glucose at any time of the day plus anywhere.
- The use of movable glucometer is best to test glucose when traveling.
- Charting of blood glucose levels enhances easy with glucometers especially with devices having memory grants to store previous readings
- By helping you to keep your blood glucose level in control, blood glucose monitors can help you control diabetes better. It helps your doctor guide the correct medication and in turn stop complications such as diabetic nephropathy, diabetic foot, diabetic neuropathy, diabetic retinopathy, and diabetic shock.
Why Sam Wellness?
At Sam Wellness, while selling the best blood glucose meter from the most reputable company for sugar testing machine, we understand how important the usage of the right glucometer can be for your daily life. We created this blog, to help you how to choose the best Gulucometer for your needs so that you can make an informed choice.